Pages

May 31, 2010

For You, I Sing I Dance

I was recently reminded of something God so clearly spoke to me... it continues to speak truth & life to me!
Setting: Anthem night of worship, April 29th

I was sitting against the back wall in the new auditorium. It was during the slow communion/painting/reflective time of the night. They begin to sing the song Divine Romance by Phil Wickam, and the Lord began to speak.

For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love
 
Phil Wickham--Divine Romance

When I heard the lyrics "for You I sing I dance, rejoice in this divine romance"... God spoke 1 John 4:19 so clearly. It says, "We love because he first loved us." I can only love God as much as He has revealed His love to me. It is only because of His love, that I am able to love. So as I receive more and more of God's love over my life, I am able to love him more and more. I LOVE THIS!! I love that my life is now marked by love. As I continue to pursue God, my relationship with him will become more passionate, more intimate, more life-giving! I don't have to be content with how much I've received, but I can freely ask/seek for more and it will be given!

In reflection of 1 John 4:19 and this song that was still paying, God gave me Zephaniah 3:17... It says, "The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love, he will exult over you with loud singing." Wow!! Every time I read this verse, I can't believe that THIS is the God that I serve, THIS is the One to whom I cry out, Abba, Father!! Wow!!

As I sang the words, "for you I sing I dance" the Lord said to me, "You sing & dance because I first sung and danced... I sing and dance over you. I rejoice over you! I delight in you! You sing & dance for me in reflection of how much you love me, because that's what I do over you!!"

DIVINE ROMANCE!


I went to a Phil Wickham concert this weekend, and this word God spoke to me in April became so fresh and real all over again! Such a good concert & really fun night!!

Friends, Darcy & Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment