I've been thinking lately... is He really enough?? Do I truly believe God is enough, or am I looking for other things and people to fill the empty places in my heart & life?
A book that I'm reading identified this as a lie commonly believed by women (i'm sure men also)... "God is not really enough."
It sounds absurd to believe this, and it's true that very few of us consciously believe this lie or would admit that we do. But the way we live our lives reveals that this is what we really do believe... deep down.
Sure, I need God. But I need Him plus close friends; I need Him plus good health; I need Him plus a husband; I need him plus children; I need Him plus a job that pays enough... blaaa blaaa blaaa.
Do you really believe that if you have God, you have enough?!
Father satisfy me with your love... satisfy me with your presence, where there is fullness of joy (Ps 16). I really do want to believe that you are enough; that I have all I need in You. Father incline my heart to Yours, so that when I sing "You are all I want, You are all I need" I really do mean it, from the depths of my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment