You may know, you may not know... I'm going to Haiti! After much affliction, it's for real!! We're going to Haiti!!
About 50 students from the Salt Co. are going to northwest Haiti. We leave on Sunday... about 48 hours from now. We'll actually get to our city Monday night. We're partnering with a missions organization that has strong roots--having served these people for 30 some years--and will provide us many ministry opportunities... Words can hardly express what I'm feeling!! Until a couple days ago, it was still a dream! I had sent out my letters and God totally provided financially... but it hadn't made it to my heart yet. I didn't feeeeeel like I was actually going to Haiti. I knew it, but it hadn't made it's way from my head to my heart.
So what are my expectations? I've been asked this question a lot. Expectations... aren't they funny? Have you ever noticed how expectations almost ALWAYS let you down? Maybe it's just me, but I always create huge expectations for things--expectations that most commonly lead to disappointment. They let me down because I later realize that I placed my hope in those expectations-- for some thing that will happen or experience I can have. So this time I'm expecting the Lord Jesus Christ, God Himself, to show up and do more than I can think or imagine!! I am expecting God to WRECK my wealthy heart, my self-sufficient attitude, and hard heart. I'm choosing to place my hope in the Lord! When He has my heart, He will most definitely have my hands and my feet. He starts on the inside and works His way out, it's just the nature of God! Therefore, when He has my heart, I expect nothing more than Jesus Christ to be lifted High--lives to be transformed, hearts and bodies healed in Jesus' name, people to encounter the pure and unfailing love of God and whatever else he wants!! He WILL be glorified!!
Psalm 5:3... In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
God, I want to step off that plane Tuesday, March 23rd, and say to you, "I glorified you in Haiti, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do" as Jesus prayed at the end of His earthly life in John 17:4. Father you're asking me to trust you.. to reach out my hand and be led into a dark and scary adventure with the light of the world at my side. You promise to lead me in a way I don't know, to turn the darkness before me into light, to rough places into level ground. You are my Father, these things are inside your Character--it's who you are, it's what you do, you don't forsake your children!! (Isaiah 42:16). So I give you full permission to wreck me this spring break! I surrender my dreams, my goals, my passions, and desires over to you... Lord have YOUR way in me. Transform the dark and wicked places in my heart... I want to be transformed by you! Lastly, I just ask for your favor and blessing. You are a generous God! May you be gracious to my team and bless us and make your face shine upon us, SO THAT your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations (Psalm 67). Bless us, bless me.... in order that the people of Haiti might know your Way, so that they may experience your saving power--taste and see that YOU are good!! You are a gooooood God! Worthy of all Honor and Glory and Praise!
No comments:
Post a Comment