Pages

June 10, 2010

Zucchini Bread


Mmmm, the Joy of Baking...

When I came across this website, it brought me great joy! In my opinion, joy is the perfect way to describe baking!! Although I didn't get this recipe from that website, it's definitely one of my favorites. 

Making sweet breads has become one of my favorite things to bake in the past year. It's quick, easy, and people love it! I have a couple favorite bread recipes, I'll share one today!

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil 
(or 1/2 c. oil, 1/2 cup applesauce)
2 1/4 c. sugar
3 t. vanilla
3 c. wheat flour
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
3 t. cinnamon 
2 c. grated zucchini

Directions:
Mix together the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon) with the previous mixture. Finally, add the zucchini. Pour the dough into 2 loaf pans and bake for about 60 minutes at 325 degrees. (The bread is done when a toothpick is stuck into the middle of the bread and it comes out dry)


 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment