Almost 3 years ago now, I was preparing to spend 6 months in China. That semester (spring '08) ranks towards the top of the best memories of my life so far! The lessons I learned, the friends I made, and memories I have are incredible. Notty was one of the closest friend I made in China. She became a Christian the summer before I arrived. We met at least once a week to talk, read the Bible, and just share life together. I usually describe her as one of my only 'real' friends I made there. There are so many cultural barriers that usually interfere with forming real, authentic relationships, but with Notty...we were just normal friends!
Never would I have imagined sitting across the table from her at The Cafe (probably my favorite restaurant in Ames) 2 and a half years later!! Yes, that's right... She's here!
Notty came to America this past August to begin her graduate study near Boston and is spending Christmas with my family!
(More to come!)

Hey Kendra! I just stumbled on to your blog recently-but how exciting that you get to spend Christmas time with Notty!!! Have an amazing time!
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie! Yeah, we're having fun! It's pretty surreal though! Ha!
ReplyDelete