There's nothing I love more than getting in touch with my artsy side!
I grew up with a mother who knows how to sew! I've always benefited from her abilities but never once thought to learn from them! My parents gave me a sewing machine for a graduation gift a couple weeks ago... BEST gift ever!! Mainly because I wasn't expecting it and was now challenged to learn!
Last night, I heard this conversation outside my room... "Nattie, I want to make pillows!!" "I'm going to bed, but YOU can make pillows!!" -- Oh! I'll do it!! So I left my warm bed, cup of tea, and new cookbook to make pillows with my roommate!
One thing led to another...
Which led to another.
And another.
And yes, another.
And now I love to sew!!!
Thanks Karissa for the company and amazing fabric!
Thanks Nattie for the SWEET scissors!
And thanks Jera, for the artsy flowers!
Hey Kendra! These look soooo cute! Great job! You should set up a tutorial on here..I know..maybe I'm dumb, but I have little idea of how to add embellishments (and zippers) on to pillows and would love to see how! I don't have my own sewing machine yet, but maybe some day. Anyways....great job!
ReplyDelete