Pages

July 9, 2011

What's new?

As always, I'm loving my summer! I love spending time outside, taking random trips & having some extra time to just rest. One of the BIG blessings dropped into my lap this summer was the opportunity to cross the sea! I was asked to help lead the high school missions trip to China this summer! I got back about a week ago & will leave you with some highlights!!

These 2 treasures!!!
I met these girls in SZ 3 years ago when I spent 6 months in this city. I was able to re-connect with them during this trip, which was SUCH a blessing!! (More to come)

Getting to know these crazy high schoolers!
I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I committed to this trip! I'm so thankful for the ways God used these students to challenge me, encourage me & provide some really special memories!

Singing "Yun Shang Tai Yang" with my Brothers & Sisters
One of the Chinese worship songs I learned 3 years ago was "Yun Shang Tai Yang". Such a surreal moment to be able to sit around in a living room and worship as a family!

Momi Cafe
I need to keep telling myself, "This place was NOT here when I was in SZ," because if I lived there for 6 months without finding it, I would be UPSET!! Such a unique, fun, & spunky shop that sells good COFFEE!!!  

Learned BBQ
This is a SZ Classic! Everything comes on a stick!
My Favs: Chicken Wings, Cauliflower, Sugarsnap Peas, Lamb, Mushrooms

Lan Zhou Lao Mien
(Homemade noodles from Lan Zhou -- A city in Western China) These noodles are quality!! Rounding out at about .78 cents for a bowl way bigger than possible to eat, these noodles are amazing!!!

China, I've missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment