Pages

December 27, 2011

Ruffles...

Let's just say I've had my fare-share of ruffles for awhile!

A couple months ago, Haley asked if I'd help her make this shower curtain (from Pinterest) for her sister for Christmas. I agreed -- not knowing what I was getting myself into (of course!)... and so the saga begins :)

What you'll need...
1 shower curtain
2 queen sized flat sheets

(LOVE my sewing room!!)

  • Step 1: Cut your queen sized sheets into 10 inch strips (the long way).
  • Step 2: Finish the bottom side of each strip (surge, iron over, & sew).
  • Step 3: Surge the top side of each strip -- with the tension setting on your surger changed so that it gathers the strip, making the ruffle.
  • Step 4: Sew each strip onto the shower curtain. Make a row every 7 inches -- each row will take about 1.5 strips to make it across. 

Hardest part: getting the thing through my machine!
Just had to try it out in my bathroom!
Gave me great experience... Thanks Haley ;)
Enjoy your shower curtain, Ashley!!!

3 comments:

  1. I want one! :) - Nice work!- Amy Brause

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an AMAZING job at it, I CANNOT wait to put it up in my bathroom. You are seriously talented with a sewing machine. I can't believe Haley talked you into making it, but SOOOOO glad & happy with how it turned out! THANKS so much for everything, especially your time!

    Ashley Houck

    ReplyDelete