Pages

April 21, 2010

Exodus 14:14

Exodus 14:14 says, "The Lord will fight for you. You have only to be silent."

God showed me this verse through a teammate in Haiti and I seriously can't get enough of it! So many times while in Haiti there were serious things going on that we weren't aware of, but after the fact we find out that God moved in a HUGE WAY! He was fighting for us while we were completely silent. This verse was painted above the door frames on a couple houses we saw in our city. It was a cool sign of where his children where located--those who looked to the Most High God for their strength & protection. 

Student Teaching

This has been a stressful thing to think about for a couple months now. I will do my student teaching in the Fall and then graduate in December. Because half of my student teaching will be with and ESL teacher and the other half with a normal teacher, I have only a couple choice for where I can go--Des Moines (diverse ESL & easy commute), Marshalltown (all Hispanic ESL & annoying commute), or Perry (all Hispanic ESL & annoying commute). As you can tell, I really wanted to be placed in Des Moines. I got a phone call last week that said I was placed in Urbandale (YES!!) but that they just found out that because of budget cuts, the ESL position is being cut. Therefore, not being able to have an ESL placement, I can't do my student teaching at that school. BAAAH! My options were either Marshalltown or Perry (if they could even come up with another placement at these schools because it's extremely late notice for the school). Wonderful. So I was kind of alright with that, knowing that I don't have much preference and I'll just have to deal with what I get.

A couple days ago at school (Elementary school in town i've worked at part-time for the past 3 and a half years) I had a casual conversation with one of the teachers & she asked when I got placed for student teaching. I told her Tuesday night & that my placement was messed up. She said, "Man, I just wish I could have you in my classroom!" and I reply, "Yeah, I wish!" It's close to impossible to get placed in Ames and I've been super-duper lucky to have both of my Practicums in Ames, making my chance for student teaching in Ames even smaller! But not when I serve a BIG God!!!

I go to my meeting tonight, receive my placement, and what do I see???
BOTH of my placements are in AMES!!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! I could have cried right there! 


So this brings me back to Exodus 14:14, in which I was reminded of and prayed over this afternoon--right before the meeting tonight. The Lord will fight for me, I have only to be silent! I was totally silent. I didn't even ask because I didn't think it was possible. 

God, thanks for yet another display of your love for me. I'm so blessed to call you my Father. I feel so blessed to be called your daughter. Continue to build my trust, faith, and confidence in You-- a GOOD God, a loving Father, who fights for his children. You're soooo good to me.

1 comment: