Pages

July 22, 2010

Reading

Reading

It's a weird relationship I have with books. I didn't grow up on books. Yeah, I read here and there, but I don't think it was until college that I picked up a book to read just for fun. In one of my Elementary Education classes, we had to read a book of case studies of children who read/didn't read growing up. Let's just say I broke all the theories made, by not becoming a 'reader' until college.

Since I've been a Believer (almost 5 years!!!), reading books has probably been the biggest tool (besides of course the Holy Spirit-->that's a given) to draw me towards Christ and deepen my relationship with Him. I love it!

Books I've enjoyed this past year..

Always Enough--Heidi Baker
Compelled by Love--Heidi Baker
Crazy Love--Francis Chan
Forgotten God--Francis Chan
Humility--CJ Mahaney
Feminine Appeal--Caroline Mahaney
Mark of the Lion Series--Francine Rivers
Spiritual Slavery to Spiritual Sonship--Jack Frost
Experiencing Father's Embrace--Jack Frost
Irresistible Revolution--Shane Claiborne
Passion & Purity--Elizabeth Elliot
The Lineage of Grace Series--Francine Rivers

Favorites??

Spiritual Slavery to Spiritual Sonship
Compelled by Love

What's next??

Jesus Culture--Banning Liebscher
Her Mother's Hope--Francine Rivers
Spiritual Warfare--Dean Sherman
Culture of Honor--Danny Silk
Happy Intercessor--Beni Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Can I borrow Irresistible Revolution--Shane Claiborne? I've been told to read it but haven't been able to find it.

    ReplyDelete