Ohh, the highs and the lows of gardening!
HIGH
I just picked the first vegetable out of my garden!!!!
That's right... a big, fat CUCUMBER! Yayy!!
LOW
All of my broccoli plants died.
I came home from being gone for a couple of days & find my broccoli plants not looking their best! I've never sprayed for bugs or insects, so I think they feasted on my broccoli while I was gone! They got taken out so that my OUT OF CONTROL cucumber & zucchini plants (front right) could get some fresh air.
Opps! I guess I didn't realize how these plants grew. When I bought them (3 cucumber, 2 zucchini plants) they were little--the same size as my pepper plants. They're now taking over my whole garden, while my pretty little pepper plants mind their own business! A friend of mine said he planted one cucumber plant in the space I planted my 3 cucumber & 2 zucchini plants-- all of which grow on vines.
Opps!
Another new addition... I put up tomato cages!
and my tomatoes are FINALLY growing!!
Ohhh the simple joys of life...
Fresh produce!
No comments:
Post a Comment