Pages

February 6, 2011

Imperishable Beauty

Sunday. February 6. Day 4.

1 Peter 3 
  
Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
 
How often I forget that God cares so much more about who I'm becoming--as a person, on the inside--than what I've gained, what i've done, & how I on the outside. I remember the very first time I had this realization. I was driving in my car a couple years ago, listening to a sermon by Francis Chan. He was preaching on 2 Peter 1:5-8. It says... "Make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective & unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." For the first time, I was able to lay aside my striving, my straining for a 'position' or for 'success'... for people to look at my life & see a fruitful life. Father may I continue to become the person you want me to become. May my life be transformed to reflect Yours.

Have a couple minutes?  Check this out!
(Suggestion: start at minute 39... or minute 23... or if you have 47 free minutes start at the beginning!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment