Pages

February 4, 2011

Living Hope.

Friday. February 4. Day 2.

1 Peter 1

I have a living hope.
I have an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading.
I am being guarded by God's power.
In this, I REJOICE!

Again, why would God ask me to "be Holy, as he is Holy" if that weren't possible? When trying to think about what it would look like for me to be holy, I immediately think of 1 John 1:5-10. 

God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Although I'll never truly understand this command to be Holy because I'm such a work in progress... but to apply this concept from 1 Peter, I'm compelled to walk in the light. To be upright. To have a clear conscience. 
To understand and recognize my desperate need for Jesus every moment of every day! 

Father make me holy, as You are Holy!

1 comment:

  1. A genuine faith. A greater cause.

    "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed." 1 Peter 1:13

    Friday Night Risk has been a wonderful opportunity to live boldly for Christ. I will carry this verse in my heart tonight. Despite my fears and anxieties, I will venture out of my comfort zone for the glory of God.

    "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have to suffer a grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith... may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." 1 Peter 1:6-7

    My Father God has pursued me, chosen me to call His own. If I am to suffer a few harsh words so that one may hear the Good News, I will gladly take the fall. Peter speaks repetitiously of the JOY, GRACE, PRAISE, HONOR that is to come "when Jesus Christ is revealed."

    It is our mission to unveil the Living Hope to our fellow sinners. This is what I choose to do with one more day.

    Father, make me holy as You are holy...

    ReplyDelete