We had our TSC Fall Retreat this past weekend... such a fun weekend that brought back sweet & precious memories my years as a student in the Salt Company.
(Freshmen Group Retreat)
(Fall Retreat... 5 years ago)
I'm so thankful for opportunites to retreat...
-to withdraw, retire, or draw back, especially for shelter or seclusion
-a place, such as a sanatorium or monastery, to which one may retire for refuge, quiet, etc.
-a period of seclusion, esp for religious contemplation
... a time to withdraw, to step away from 'normal' life & 'get away', to seek refuge in the Lord, contemplate life & refocus my heart on Him...
It's good for my soul.
This weekend was one of those weekends. God's kindness leads me to repentance (Romans 2)... He's kind enough to highlight sin in my heart, reveal Himself to me -- one of those John 15:2 times when He's pruning me, making me more like Him. On Saturday morning, I read this verse:
Jesus said to them, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." ...John 14:6
Heard that before? Yeah... me too. Many times. Maybe too many times that I've become numb & apathetic towards the reality of Jesus' words here. I began to think & list all the ways I try to come to the Father, work my way to Him, & I found myself humbled, "caught", convicted. I want Him, but I often find myself not wanting to come on His terms. Then I wonder why I feel distant or disconnected when it says clearly in James that God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Lord, forgive me of my pride that builds a wall between us & forces You to oppose me. Help me to lean not on my own understanding, trying to earn & work my way to You, but rather help me to rightly see the cross... rightly trust Jesus to be who He is: the Way, Truth & the Life.
Nothing but the Blood of Jesus
What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
O precious is the flow
that makes me white as snow;
no other fount I know;
nothing but the blood of Jesus.
For my pardon this I see:
nothing but the blood of Jesus.
For my cleansing this my plea:
nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Nothing can for sin atone:
nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Naught of good that I have done:
nothing but the blood of Jesus.
This is all my hope and peace:
nothing but the blood of Jesus.
This is all my righteousness:
nothing but the blood of Jesus.


No comments:
Post a Comment